Monday, December 30, 2013

We Wish You a Merry Christmas...

Oh my goodness, what a difference a month makes!  My sincerest apologies for not writing anything for a few weeks, but the evil assholes at work decided I needed to basically move in.  I, being the good corporate lackey I am, obviously obliged, because any job is better than a trip to the unemployment office.

TL;DR

Sucks
Sucks Worse
So yeah, those soul-sucking bastards got all of my free time, and just in time for the holidays!  Anywho, we have a lot to talk about, so let's get this rolling!

First, I want to touch on mercenaries, and the unbelievably vital role they play in the EVE universe.  Mercenaries are basically guns for hire.  There are entire corporations that do nothing but mercenary work, and to be honest, this stuff looks fun as hell!  In my corporation, we will do the occasional merc contract.  Nothing too major, usually a structure bash for someone who has been wronged in one way or another.  Maybe someone is moving in on a low-sec pocket that some industrial corp controls.  Maybe someone isn't playing nice in a wormhole (our most recent foray).  Maybe someone bounced their twig-n-berries off someone's mother's forehead.  Hell, I don't know, and quite honestly, I don't care.  The fundamental argument here is the same argument that works everywhere in the world, both real-life and virtual.

Money talks!

For the right amount of cash, or ISK, or yen...whatever...you, too, can have your archenemy, college roommate, that asshole who keeps hitting on your wife/girlfriend/sister, or any other undesirable person, beat utterly senseless.  Of course, in the real world, this is illegal in many circles, and I certainly don't ever (ok, maybe sometimes) recommend hiring someone to beat the crap out of someone.  In game, however, it's perfectly legal, and actually encouraged!  Personally, I find it enjoyable to get paid to do something I already do on a daily basis. and seeing our corporation rally with absolute military precision to eradicate any hope of our target saving anything was glorious beyond words.  Thank you for a glorious op, and many harvested tears.

Repercussus Leadership from left to right:
Joe, Troyd, Altiar
Now, on to the roam affectionately known as "Zero Fucks Given".  I'll be the Queen of France if I didn't end up leading this fleet Friday night.  Let it further be known, that I, and only I, have managed to get us beat down.  It's funny, really.  We've spent three months pissing off faction warfare scrubs by overloading their sites and blowing them up, and they finally responded.  Of course, they responded on a day when we only had like seven people in fleet, and they responded with like 25 ships...  Karma is a bitch, but payback is an ever bigger bitch.  See you boys on Friday!

Much love folks, and I hope 2014 produces even more tears than 2013.

Fly it like you stole it,

o7

Med

No comments:

Post a Comment